Distinction, Accountability, Speed and Continual Learning Will Win the Day
Developing new skills and acquiring new competencies every day is the price of entry in the New World of Work. Those who will flourish in the New World of Work know that the pace of change has accelerated to such extremes, that what we learned 5 years ago, 2 years ago, last year, last month may be obsolete in the blink of an eye. Consider that doctors are being replaced by robots, driverless trucks are on the highways, robots are delivering to our doorsteps, restaurants with no wait staff are serving us food, we can shop at stores that do not have human workers. Who would have thought that possible? It is happening – today. Complacency and clinging to what made us effective, successful or valued in the past is a recipe for disaster. We believe, non-stop education, learning and passion to develop oneself is not an option in this age of disruption.
They Are Coming After All Of Us
Seven powerful relentless and unforgiving beasts have joined forces and are gunning for your job, to displace your department and to vanquish your organization.
- ERP/SAP: 100’s of 1,000’s of jobs expunged over the past 10-15 years. Replaced by software and advanced technology.
- White-Collar Robots: Cash Machines, Kiosks, People-less stores, Lights Out Warehousing…
- Globalization: Abundance of talented professionals worldwide are only a click away
- Outsourcing: Often better, cheaper, faster (IT, HR, Payroll, etc.)
- Internet: Bye-bye brick and mortar. Banking is needed, banks are not. Travel is needed, travel agencies are not. Retail is needed, malls are not…
- Disruptive/Destructive Competition: Uber, AirBnB, Driverless Trucks, Netflix, Amazon…
- Artificial Intelligence: AI’s performing surgery. Capable of learning, making decisions…
In this New World of Work, quickly leveraging ideas, talent, and leadership at all levels will separate top performing individuals, teams and organizations from the laggards. Resistance is futile. In today’s commoditized surplus economy, where customers and employers have more choices than ever, what will it take to ensure your products and services are scintillating and memorable? As an individual, what are you doing to secure your position in the New World of Work? Distinct or extinct – the choice is yours. Every person, team and organization must learn how to awaken the whatever it takes attitude, belief, resolve, perseverance, confidence, determination, drive and creativity to achieve what matters most to you, your team and your organization.
Noodle on this. There are companies and entrepreneurs (Destructive/Disruptive Competition) at this moment looking to reinvent your job, department and business. How many bookstores were wiped out because of Amazon.com? What happened to Kodak? Yellow cab? Blockbuster? Sears? Woolworth’s? Nokia? Rest assured someone somewhere is about to revolutionize your industry, your business, your department and YOUR JOB. What will ward off these culprits?
What Can You Do?
It’s about maintaining a competitive edge amidst chaos and a ‘sea of sameness.’ It’s about achieving success when the stakes are high and ever-changing. Do you know what it will take? Are you ready for the dramatic changes taking place in the New World of Work?
- Commit to developing new skills and competencies daily.
- Develop tenacity, resolve and agility to secure your spot in the New World of Work.
- Arouse a sense of purpose, distinction and passion.
- Develop a steely-resolve to ward off the unforgiving forces of the ‘7-sided pincer movement’ in the New World of Work.
- Build, enhance and grow your desired ‘brand’ – Organizational and Individual – to cement your spot in the New World of Work.
- Develop and nurture the essential tools in the ‘New Work Survival Kit.’
- Embrace the 5-ingredient ‘kryptonite’ to thwart the 7-sided Pincer Movement. (Speed, Talent, Ideas, Distinction, Leadership)
- Cultivate and enrich your ‘brand’ (individuals, teams and organizations) to stand out among a plethora of options.
- Capitalize on the untapped potential of your talent – inspire extraordinary performance.
Learn More Here:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Watch Mike Here – https://vimeo.com/315167685
Mike Evans is an award-winning author/speaker and has developed a unique perspective from 20+ years of working alongside a star studded list of world-renowned thought leaders, including: Dr. John Kotter, Dr. Stephen Covey, Tom Peters, Jim Kouzes, Hyrum Smith, Steve Farber and Chris McChesney. Mike served in executive leadership and consulting roles with Kotter International, FranklinCovey, and Tom Peters Company.
In addition to being a leading authority on Unleashing Personal and Organizational Accountability, clients rely upon Mike’s solutions to; Accelerate Change, Shape Their Optimal Culture, Flawlessly Execute Key Strategies, Ignite Leadership Capacity at all Levels, Amplify Employee Engagement, Thrive and Excel in the Age of Disruption, Embrace The Role of CEO of Your Life, Career and Destiny, and Cultivate Peak Performance.
31 of Fortune 50 are clients. Mike works with organizations around the globe and in virtually every arena, from the tech sector to financial services, manufacturing, health care, hospitality, entertainment, retail, and the US Government. Clients include: Intel, Capital One, Apple, Caterpillar, PNC Bank, Cargill, Pfizer, General Mills, H&R Block, The United States Navy, John Deere, Fidelity Investments, Monsanto, Google, US Steel, Rite Aid, Agilent Technologies, Johnson & Johnson, Symantec, Cigna Corporation, ITPA, US Department of Commerce, BNY Mellon, Oracle, Astra Zeneca, Baxter International Inc., Shell Oil, UPMC, Citrus Valley Health, McAfee, American Airlines, Masonite, Novartis, Ernst & Young, ACE Hardware, DuPont USA, Quest Diagnostics, State Farm, BP Oil, Heinz USA, NAFCU, and NASA.